At YCIS, our Secondary programme enables all students to reach for and fulfil their highest academic potential in conjunction with their spiritual, social, moral, cultural, physical and creative development. The aim of the YCIS Secondary curriculum is to ensure that all students are provided with opportunities to become successful learners, confident individuals, responsible global citizens, and caring contributors, ready for their futures ahead.
Collaborative, creative and engaging approach in Years 7- 9
- Piloting a Learning Community model in Year 7
- Build Global Citizenship Learner Profile
- In-class learning support for students in need, including English language support
- Computer and coding classes to stay adept in the digital era
2-year IGCSE Programme for Years 10 and 11（IGCSE）
- Interesting, valuable and relevant programme for students aged 14-16 around the world
- Encompasses a wide range of subject offerings to balance interests with academic rigor
- Successful EAL programme for students studying in IGCSE
- Offering Korean as a first language to Years 10 and 12, more year levels to follow.
- Eligible students can study three languages, Chinese, Korean, and English.
- More depth in Sciences by offering distinct Biology, Chemistry, and Physics programmes.
- Humanities subject options have enhanced from two to four including History, Geography, Business Studies and Economics, to give student’s greater choices.
IB Diploma Programme (IBDP) in Years 12-13
- A broad, integrated, 2-year course of study encompassing six different subject groups and the IB Core to ensure students gain the skills and competencies for lifelong learning.
- Widely recognised and valued by universities and employers alike
- IB course certificate could result in up to one full year of university credit
- IB Korean Language and Literature offered
- Career counselling and university guidance to support success after graduation
Students at YCIS are guided and challenged throughout to ensure that each and every one of them is capable of achieving to their highest possible standard in each subject. With a well-thought-out course design and a solid commitment to their studies, students graduate well prepared and equipped to face the future they decide to embrace.