The YCIS curriculum reflects the Philosophy & Objectives from which its culture and ethos are generated. We are committed to a curriculum that is international and holistic, as well as rigorous, demanding and accessible to all students admitted to the school. Our curriculum affords students the opportunity to fulfil their highest academic potential, as well as focus on their physical, social, moral, cultural, and creative development.
What makes our Year 10-11 Programme unique?
The Year 10-11 Programme at YCIS Chongqing offers an exemplary international education designed to prepare students for the IB Diploma Programme as caring global citizens of the world.
In particular, the following elements highlight the uniqueness of the YCIS Year 10-11 Programme:
- International curriculum: The academically challenging curriculum for Years 10-11 culminate in the International General Certificate for Secondary Education (IGCSE) examinations.
- Focus on global citizenshp: In addition to English, Mathematics and Science, students study Chinese as an Additional Language and Global Perspectives as required core subjects.
- Wide array of elective courses: Students are able to choose from a broad selection of elective subjects, including Art and Design, Additional Mathematics, Business Studies, Design and Technology, Drama, Economics, Enterprise, Geography, Global Perspectives, History, Computer Science, Music and Physical Education Studies.
- International recogition: YCIS is the only international school in China to receive the Cambridge Award for Excellence in Education from Cambridge International Examinations.
- Reputation of excellence: YCIS students receive Top in the World and Top in China IGCSE results in a variety of subjects, including Chinese language.
- Community service opportunites: YCIS students are integrally involved in participating in community service endeavours locally, within China, and internationally. Countless opportunities are provided for students to participate in local and global volunteer projects and trips.