Yew Chung has pioneered a new paradigm in international education. We define an international education by what goes on inside the student. It is about the internal transformation of the child. This is affected by the international school’s culture, which is created by the teaching and learning environment, the administration, the overall content and process which links to the character formation of the child. The international education ethos that Yew Chung reflects can be seen in the content and process of education that leads our students to an inner transformation whereby they are both Eastern and Western.
Yew Chung is committed to educating the whole person from infancy through secondary education. We strive to unite the best elements of Eastern and Western traditions and practices, the growth of the individual and the inquiring mind as well as develop a sense of personal responsibility and social welfare of all. The Yew Chung international curriculum is designed to be developmentally appropriate for each age level, rooted in a bilingual atmosphere in multicultural environments utilising instructional and information technology, fusing both Western and Chinese philosophies for character formation. Our holistic approach to education involves cooperation with parents, family, community and the world around us.
Yew Chung’s educational objectives are to:
- Provide a holistic education that nurtures the whole person
- Promote multiple-intelligence development to allow students to develop their own individual talents
- Uphold moral and spiritual values based on Christian faith, affirming the worth and dignity of each individual while instilling in each student a caring attitude towards people and the environment
- Nurture in each student an open outlook in life, respect for cultural diversity and the beliefs and values of all people, and a sense of commitment and social responsibility
- Integrate high technology, sciences and the arts to allow students to adjust well in a competitive global society
- Provide a bilingual learning environment that emphasizes both English and Chinese languages and cultures and leads to fluency in these two world languages of the 21st century
- Provide individualized attention and guidance to meet the needs and to develop the potential of individual students
- Incorporate a research-based curriculum that is regularly evaluated by teaching and research professionals to improve the quality and effectiveness of our programs